4 Following


Stealing Harper - Molly McAdams
When I requested a review copy of [b:Stealing Harper|17607319|Stealing Harper (Taking Chances, #2)|Molly McAdams|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1364325603s/17607319.jpg|23694180], I didn't realize that it was a companion novella to an already existing book ([b:Taking Chances|15739018|Taking Chances (Taking Chances, #1)|Molly McAdams|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1344296221s/15739018.jpg|21424080]). Despite that, I was still able to read it and understand what was going on, but I unfortunately didn't care about the story or its characters. The writing was repetitive and insipid, and the characters had few distinguishing characteristics other than an unexplainable attraction to each other and a noticeable lack of reasoning. Chase wasn't hot; he was emotionally hurtful, sometimes physically abusive, and downright disgusting in his dealings with and perception of women. Harper, his love interest, had no personality other than being indecisive and easily embarrassed. Their interactions with each other lacked authenticity, and the supposed romance between them never held a hint of romance for me; it was merely empty sexual attraction and a lot of repulsive, possessive inner dialogue from Chase about "his princess."

Only recommended to those readers who enjoyed the first book, TAKING CHANCES, and who want to see things from Chase's perspective.

Nota bene: Only 65% of the e-book contains actual content; the remaining 35% is merely samplers for the author's other works.