ahoffman1979

ahoffman1979

The Grammar Devotional: Daily Tips for Successful Writing from Grammar Girl - Mignon Fogarty A must-have for grammar lovers!

The Grammar Devotional: Daily Tips for Successful Writing from Grammar Girl (TM) by Mignon Fogarty, the Grammar Girl herself, is a must-have for anyone who loves grammar, diction, and the simple, proper use of words. Organized like a religious devotional, the book provides readers with a grammar or writing rule, factoid, or puzzle (word scramble, crossword, etc.) for each day of the year. The tips are quick, humorous, and informative. Because the book is organized in numbered weeks (e.g., Week 1, Sunday), you can start reading it anytime without having to wait for a particular month or the first of the year.

This devotional is best suited for those who already love grammar and who crave a daily dose of Grammar Girl's wit and wisdom. I wouldn't recommend it to those looking for a style manual or a book on writing technique, because it's not organized in that way. If you're looking for that, I would recommend Grammar Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing.

This little book is so much fun that my spouse and I look forward to reading the tip to each other every day, and I plan to gift a copy to my English professor parents for Christmas!